What are we looking for?
We are always keen to hear from likeminded people who wish to share their passion for the great outdoors with others. As Adventure Carrick (Branching arm of ACE) expands, we require a dynamic team of freelance staff to help us deliver our aims.
Your employment would be on a freelance basis and will be with Adventure Centre for Education (ACE). Contracts for set periods can be negotiated based on seasonality.
Our activity portfolio is extensive and varies from delivering adventure days out to corporate events and children’s parties therefore we require dynamic and reliable individuals who have a passion for delivering quality customer service.
If you are applying speculatively, please email your Cv and a covering letter addressed to ACE Manager: [email protected] or call us on: 01465 710077 for a chat.
Positions we typically look to recruit are:
- Activity Instructors
- Event staff
We like to keep things informal from the start. Suitable applicants will be firstly invited to the ACE base in Girvan for an informal show around and chat with one of the ACE Management team. Next steps are to complete an application form and submit any qualifications for vetting. Depending on the position, a formal interview may be required. Once an offer has been made in writing, successful applicants will be invited for company induction. Typically, a period of shadowing or in-house training follows.
If this sounds right to you and you are keen to join the team, we would love to hear from you.
Our minimum requirements for instructors are:
- Ability to drive yourself to venue
- NGB qualification/s and membership with governing body (Single or multiple)
- Hold a valid HSE recognised First Aid qualification
- Ability to provide 2 references who can state your competence in working with others
- Demonstrate knowledge and familiarity with the locations we work in
- Be a current and valid member of the PVG scheme
The benefits of working with Adventure Carrick are:
- All year round opportunities for employment both with Adventure Carrick and ACE
- Competitive daily rates
- Meaningful and rewarding work
- Training and development opportunities
- Support from experienced colleagues